Friday, July 17, 2009

CAS Project Reflection 3 (What I have learnt)

This part might be a lot for me to list but I will cut short for now.
Thus, I will post only those I felt that are really important ones.

  • Time Management - Time is pretty important. Sometime we failed to get a lab even we planned the time to do the project as some labs were either very packed or having lessons that weren't in the lab's time table. I learnt that we should plan many steps ahead of others maybe 3-5 steps before?
  • Project Management - This is one of the toughest project I had ever encounter. Getting organised is very important as, once a part goes wrong the whole project may crumble. Like how we had to re-do thank to my carelessness to lose my hard drive. But it's a good experience as I believe there are even though projects awaiting for us.
  • Team Management - Haha I learnt this from SIFE, " Too many cooks, spoils the broth". Quite true. We had 6 members where others had 4-5 only. Thus, we are unable to delegate jobs efficiently to our members. Moreover, we don't really understand each other way of working. But through this project, I learnt how to manage the team better.
  • Stress Management - Yes! Very Important! Some of us almost broke down while doing the project. Maybe that's because we are all rushing for time and the long hours being in front of the computers. We learnt that efficient break sessions do help in improving our team's productivity. + We have Priscilla the Joker for this =)
  • Social Networking - This is the best part. With the help of other course mates, things were way easier than it was when we just started. Haha, I also learnt that we shouldn't be on the front line being the first one to do the project because the first few teams will usually be bombarded with questions by other teams lol~
The rest are pretty minor as compared to those, so I will only update at later dates as this is in rush for time for project submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment